- This isn’t just about Trump. This is about the next president. And the one after that, and the one after that.
- Trump was caught red-handed, on tape, attempting to strong arm Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger into inventing thousands of votes to tip the election in Trump’s favor.
- We cannot be so numbed by Trump’s corruption and abuse of power to let this pass without consequence.
- The alternative is to accept as fact Richard Nixon’s infamous quip: “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.”
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author. Trump cannot go unpunished this time.He’s always been able to skate by despite criminal behavior, never facing the consequences for a long history of corruption, and a term in the White House awash in abuses of presidential power.
But this isn’t just about Trump. This is about the next president. And the one after that, and the one after that.
If a president can brazenly threaten a state election official unless he invents votes to tip an election — an election which has already been recounted twice, and to which every legal challenge has been found to be without merit — the president can do anything.
Spread the love